Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Little About Me

I am married for quite a number of years. I have four (4) children and we are natives of the West Indies. We are originally from Grenada, an island in the Lesser Antilles. Grenada is called the spice island because we grow a lot of spices. Our main spice is called nutmeg and it is used in major drinks and cocktails.   
  
I worked with children for a number of years prior to immigrating to the U.S.A.  Three of my children attended pre-school in Grenada, but my last son attended Head Start in Ypsilanti, Michigan. I have a lot of fond memories of my children in pre –school; their drawings, paintings, stories, and their accidents. 
I love music, singing and dancing. I also like cooking, and baking.  I have two full time jobs- Taking care of children in Head Start and taking care of my family. I love them all!
                                                                                                        

2 comments:

  1. Theresa, when I read your first posting in student lounge, I envisioned a person who migrated to the United States as a child. I did not realize you went there as an adult. It is great to know you are blessed with both worlds. You can better appreciate where you came from as well as the new experiences you are discovering on a daily basis. I think your hobbies are a good combination that will help you cope quite effectively with your two full time jobs. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa, Thank you for all the passion that you brought to class. I really like seeing other point of views in the early childhood field. Happy Holiday!!! Hopefully see you in another class. Terri

    ReplyDelete