Sunday, February 19, 2012

Start Seeing Diversity


 START SEEING DIVERSITY                                                                             

B  is for breaking down barriers of race.
I   is for identity. We are not the same.  
A  is for appreciation of differences.
S  is for seeing differences as an important aspect     of who we are. 

   TRAUMA: Affects me socially,             emotionally, physically and intellectually. 
         
DO YOU CARE?      L-O-O-K
                              
?ME AT LOOK         WHAT?


WHAT DID I DO?       

IS IT MY FAULT?



I am unique. I may respond to different  environments in different ways.  Help me to be resilient to maintain good health and to resist mental and physical stress.


I LIKE MYSELF.                I'M GLAD I'M ME.   
BEING ME IS GREAT!      Appreciate Me!

2 comments:

  1. Very creative and colorful. This reminds me of a public service poster for acceptance and equality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa,
    We have a saying in our classroom,"I like myself..I really really like myself".Children love to walk around saying this.Reading your blog reminds me of this saying.
    I also say that "I am glad, I am me. Take me as I am or leave me alone", this is something I learnt as a young child and it is always in my mind giving me confidence and pride.I believe that it is important for children to know that everyone is important, smart and precious. As they go through life they all will face with some type of hardships and they can not break, they have to be strong.
    Thank you for sharing!!
    Enjoyed this journey with you, hope to see you in the next course. Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete