Saturday, February 26, 2011

Powerful quotes about children

QUOTES ABOUT CHILDREN AND CHILD DEVELOPMENT

"Play allows children to use their creativity while developing their imagination, dexterity, and physical, cognitive, and emotional strength” (Ginsberg, 2007). 

"Now, today, some children are enrolled in excellent programs. Some children are enrolled in mediocre programs. And some are wasting away their most formative years in bad programs....That's why I'm issuing a challenge to our states: Develop a cutting-edge plan to raise the quality of your early learning programs; show us how you'll work to ensure that children are better prepared for success by the time they enter kindergarten. If you do, we will support you with an Early Learning Challenge Grant that I call on Congress to enact"(President Barack Obama).

I chose this quote because it is very important for all of us as early childhood educators to advocate for all children who depend so much on the support of government in their learning process.

“Activities must be able to accommodate children's different abilities, as well as their different preferences" (Charles Hohmann)


Thank you, Thank you!
I want to express my thanks to all my colleagues for the support and encouragement received throughout this course. It was a tiresome journey all in name of  childrren, however we have successfully made it through the end. As we continue this journey may we have a renewed spirit to take our children from where they are to higher learning experiences.
Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. Hello Theresa,
    As you know this is the last week of this session. I have enjoyed your writtings, comments and suggestions that you have raised in the course of our study this semester. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and appreciate the friendly atmosphere that we have enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Theresa,

    Although, we were not in the same group in this class. I learned a lot from reading your discussions and blog posts. I want to thank you for helping me to grow as a person. I am looking forward to work in a future class with you again.
    Take care and Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Theresa,
    It is with a deep sense of gratitude that I say thank you for all the insightful DB and blog entries you have contributed that have enhanced my learning. You continue to ensure that be bars are highly stacked and I thank you.

    Thanks for those beautiful quotes you have shared with us. However, I am particularly stirred by the third quote because unless differential teaching is taking place in our class rooms we will continue to experience the problems and as we can see with increasing propensity. Our children are living in the technological era and that implies that the types of activities we plan for our children must keep abreast with what they are likely to be engrossed in so as to ensure meaningful teaching and learning are taking place.

    All the best in your future courses! Looking forward to the sharing some more great moments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Theresa,
    Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom, knowledge, care and kindness through your postings at DB and Blog.
    I love the quote on activities. I believe it is the truth about activities sometimes that educators tend to forget.
    Hope to see you in the next course.Wish you all the best on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Teresa,
    The quotes you chose are very powerful. The one standing out to me most is quoted from president Obama. It reaches out to all and challenges everyone to contribute to changing and improving the quality of education in early childhood instead of sitting back and allowing systems to fail.
    You are a natural leader with your wisdom and qualities of sharing. I found that your post were clear and stated well with consistency throughout this course. Thank You for sharing your ideas and opinions; as well as providing resources to links associated with the feedback you made on others post. I look forward to what the future brings. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete